marți, 22 ianuarie 2013

People and places: Laughing - the best Fijian feature


The Fijians* are big, no matter if men or women. There are strong and happy. Fijians are laughing almost all the time: when working, when there is a joke, when they play or talk, when there is an embarrassing situation and even when is dangerous. They are helping and laughing…it is like a therapy: the danger does not seem so big anymore; the embarrassing situation is becoming just funny. No wonder that there are considered as one of the most happy nations. Their laugh also is from the heart; from deep down their belly…one can hear it and start laughing as well. It is like pure happiness, like there is no bad in the world, like there is just that moment going on forever.
Fijians sing a lot too. They sing when they are not laughing ;) and they do it in church as well… as Fijians are very religious.
I would like to be able to transfer the feeling I had being in this country…because I was not feeling as visiting but as being, living, changing…The way Fijians live is contagious: strongly connected to their culture, to their small piece of island, to their way of being: happy, warm and welcoming. Besides this the food is just amazing. And this again I cannot make travel through my writing: the taste of food, the smile of people and the deep happiness of the moment. The only thing I could do and I am gladly doing it is to enclose all of this in my heart, in my being, in the cells of my brain…hoping that from this small seed will grow a tree…I seed of myself, of my feelings and perceptions here about this people I met. A moment in life that I enjoyed as a saturation of natural beauty, of nice people and of love.
I came here to meet my friend from childhood, to keep this relation alive and as strong as possible. I leave with much more then that…




I’ve learned a very nice lesson from this simple living people and maybe making stronger the belief that what we call poor people live their life more fully then us, the ones from "civilized" countries. Vinaka**!

* Fijians which are not having indian origins
** Thank you in Fijian

2 comentarii:

  1. Vinaka Vakalevu, my old friend. Vinaka for having come all the way to the other side of the world to see us, to see where we live, to see why we like it here, to share some of the most important moments of your life with us, to get just a little bit richer in your soul feeling the energy of these people, of these lands, of this ocean that we love.

    RăspundețiȘtergere